Be like the Painted Bunting

When a male painted bunting feels threatened it sings out a loud, clear, beautiful song from its perch, all the while dazzling in a bold palette of red, blue, green and yellow. You can do this too. When facing darkness and fear, dare to show your bold colors and sing your beautiful song. Sing it into the void. Pierce … Continue reading Be like the Painted Bunting

My Kicking, Crying Child Was All of Us Today

My daughter had an epic tantrum at Target today, and I'm pretty sure she did it on behalf of all of us. I mean after this week, who doesn't want to flail on the floor kicking and screaming while flinging Target Optical business cards in all directions? We were at Target to buy a bike … Continue reading My Kicking, Crying Child Was All of Us Today

Why Donald Trump Compels Me to Speak

Do you hear the quiet hum that is slowly rattling the china? The whistle that is building to a roar? For some it was the bragging about sexual assault. For others, the name-calling and body-shaming. For me, it was Jane Doe's story.  Jane's story was largely buried, for to speak of it was to admit it was … Continue reading Why Donald Trump Compels Me to Speak

a bit of housekeeping. And: I want *your* instagram links please!

Hello - some updates! copyright of Instagram. 1.I am now on instagram! Well, I have been for a while. But I kinda forgot about it. But then I remembered. And now I shall be an instagrammer galore. Let the fun begin! And with that in mind...a request! Please leave your instagram handle/name/link/whatever-it-is-called in the comments. I … Continue reading a bit of housekeeping. And: I want *your* instagram links please!

When it feels like the world is falling apart (Trump with nuclear weapons anyone?)

This post was inspired by hearing about Donald Trump's fascination with nuclear weapons. Nuclear apocalypse tends to invoke a little bit of unease, now doesn't it. It's hard not to flee to Canada react with fear to all the things currently imploding in the world. My husband and I have remarked more than once in the last several … Continue reading When it feels like the world is falling apart (Trump with nuclear weapons anyone?)